A Blog By Tam

Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2016

„Learn to be alone and like it. There’s nothing more freeing and emprowering than learning to love your own company.“- 
Mandy Hale

A quote I truely agree with. It is hard, indeed, but once I realized it, I’ve seen the power of loving your own company. After graduation I haven’t been home for a long time: 6 months China, 6 months full of working and volunteering and, finally, my move to Görlitz. It was hard at first, but slowly but gradually I got used to it.
When I started uni, I was literally everywhere: meeting new people, going out, getting to know the city and just enjoy being a student. That was „unfortuanetely“ just at the beginning. I was barely home, occupied every single day and hour. It was a lot (!) of fun, no doubt, but in the end, those days without any activity would come anyway. And they did. During those days I felt so alone and lost. Every moment then was accompanied by the thought „what should I do now? Am I not wasting time by staying home all day doing literally nothing?“ The answer to that is absolutely no. I mean, those periods of planless days are necessary to calm down, energize your body and mind. And there‘s nothing wrong about doing nothing, chilling and just watch movies.
At the beginning I had to force myself into staying home and be all by myself. I always thought that I’ll be missing out on something if I don’t go here and there. Guess that’s a problem every student has when coming here/moving out. But once I figured out how much it satisfied me, I started appreciating it. The state of being alone is SO freeing, you cannot believe it once you start feeling it. I give space for treating myself right (mentally and physically), cleaning my room, reading books, going out for a walk and just reflect upon things that are circling aroung in my head. And I have to say, in comparison to my home in Cologne, I do love it here much more. Just because I’m my own boss. I can do whatever I feel like and no one but be can stop me. You know what I mean? That makes me feel incredibly powerfull. What I love about being here is: I can regulate my own life and daily basis. I can cook for myself, decide for myself and be overall independant and free. I ADORE IT. Nobody tells me what to do, nobody is getting on my nerves and nobody bugs me. In case I need some social life, well, guess what: just call the people you want to surround yourself with. End of story.


Believe me when I say that I know how it feels like at the beginnig but you will get used to it and you will learn to appreciate it. I didn’t like the thought of being alone and all by myself at first but I tell you, you are not because the people you care about and who care about you as well, will be there. And if you consider it the right way: You are never alone because you have yourself and your strong mind. Don’t forget that. Think positive!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

THANK YOU!